Gentle Dental Care
Did you know that around one in ten people are so fearful of visiting the dentist they avoid it altogether?
Another 50 percent of people report feeling anxious and fearful of the dentist. If you are nervous about visiting the dentist, you are not alone.
At Baltinglass Dental, we go out of our way to ensure that even the most anxious of patients have an experience that makes it easier for them to maintain their dental health.
Fear can be very debilitating and trying to reason it away often doesn’t work.
If the following applies to you, it may be that fear is getting in the way of your dental care.
- You avoid going to the dentist unless absolutely necessary.
- You often miss or cancel your appointment.
- You sleep badly the night before your visit.
- You feel embarrassed about your teeth.
- You are ashamed of your smile.
- You are afraid that your treatment is going to hurt.
- You are scared of injections.
- You are scared of being reprimanded and “told off”.
- You have had a bad experience in the past that has put you off visiting the dentist.
Many people feel just like you do.
At Baltinglass Dental, we treat many anxious and fearful patients every day of every week. We have met people who experience all of the above anxieties about dentists and have been able to treat them successfully and help them feel better about coming back to us again.
What you can Expect
We want to make your visit to us as comfortable and gentle as possible. We endeavour to make the atmosphere as relaxing as possible so that you feel at ease the moment you arrive.
We’re human too, we will be understanding and listen to your concerns.
We will never judge you or tell you off.
We go at your pace and gradually introduce treatments as you feel comfortable with them. Before we begin, we will explain the proposed treatment in full, along with the options available to you. We also provide you with a full, written treatment plan so that you know the cost of your treatment item-by-item in advance.
At each visit, we will fully explain the planned treatment and procedure so you know what to expect. We will do our utmost to make sure you are fully numb. Each treatment will be carried out in a gentle manner to minimise any discomfort.
Do you have a fear injections?
- We can use numbing gel.
- To minimise discomfort, we use very slow, very light pressure techniques.
- The WAND can be used which looks more like a pen and is computer controlled to ensure that the pressure applied is almost imperceptible.
Do you dislike that profound feeling of numbness?
- Let us know. We can use the WAND to create a very localised, small area of numbness.
Do you hate the sound of the drill?
- A simple measure to aid you is to use some earplugs.
- You can bring your own music
- You can use Bose noise reduction technology to reduce the sounds of the treatment
Do you need extra help with undergoing dental care?
- Speak to us about V. Sedation dentistry.
Read our testimonials to see how we have helped other nervous patients overcome their fears.